FASHION WEEK '21
Sydney fashion week, for me, means meeting new people and creating valuable connections within the industry – which has become increasingly important since making the move to Sydney.
Fashion week also means letting go and having some fun! Although things have changed since the last time I was here (thanks covid!) the overall buzz and excitement was still alive and well.
I know the title of this journal says “fashion week”, but I really only attended 2 days. Firstly, I didn’t realise I was accepted in until Tuesday morning (good one, Simona), and then uni got in the way of me attending Wednesday & Thursday.
Tuesday was insane. The buzz carried into the second day with so much happening right off the bat. Here’s a list of the highlights:
- Camilla talk (and then I met her)
- Met and photographed the inspired unemployed
- Got into the bar and was served the most delicious food and drinks (truffle chips and cocktails)
- Met loads of people in the industry
- In the media pit for the incredible shows that day
- Met these two adorable little trend-setters
The sadness of fashion week ending was looming in the air. On Friday I..
- Listened to the Commas talk
- Attended the Zimmerman talk
- Watched the off-site Karla Spetic show where I scored myself a goodie bag and missed the shuttle back to Carriageworks (ha!)
- Attended the beautiful Christopher Esber show
- Roamed around backstage
- Scored myself a cool AAFW water bottle
Until next year, AAFW!